Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Resolutions for 2016



Since we just rang into 2016, it is time to make our resolutions for the new year! I'm excited to start another year of reading. A new Goodreads challenge, a new list of books for the year, new goals and a fresh start. I always love to start over with my reading and all the lists I make during the year.

These are bookish and non-bookish resolutions

1) Read 115 Books - After dropping this challenge to 75 in 2015, I want to jump back up to 100 this year. I read over 100 books in 2015 so I don't think it matters if I reduce it or not. This year I want to read a lower percentage of graphic novels but still fit in audiobooks and a manga series at some point.

2) Buy Fewer Books - This year I want to focus on the books I have more than the books I want to get my hands on. In 2015 I did a better job of this, but I want to improve in 2016.

3) Reduce my TBR to less than 200 Books - The ultimate goal is to reduce my TBR to 150 books. I want to reduce it. I'm frustrated I have so many books. My plan for reducing did not work out as well as I hoped last year but this year again I hope I can

4) Reread the Throne of Glass Series - Before I read Queen of Shadows, I would like to reread the other three books in the series. I forget a lot of what happened and I want to refresh my memories.

5) Finish one of my Classic Box Sets - I received two box sets of classics for Christmas last year and I didn't read many of the books in 2015. This year I would like to read all the books in at least one of the sets. It works out to about four or five classics.

6) Watch 25 Movies/TV Seasons - This is an annual challenge for me. In 2015 things were weird and I actually watched 25 movies and did not finish 25 TV Seasons. Usually it is the other way around. Hopefully in 2015 I'll finish 25 of each.

7) Keep the Weight Off- In 2015 I lost twenty pounds! That's really exciting, but this year I need to keep the weight off! Incidentally this might be much harder to do but I'm excited to work toward this in the upcoming year.

8) Keep a better Blog/Youtube Schedule - I was much better at keeping a schedule, but still disappeared for several months. This year I do not want to disapear.

9) Color More - Who didn't get an adult coloring book for Christmas? I want to use mine!

10) Balance What I Love Better- I tend to veg out when I get home from work. I want to be more productive during the week! I want to stay ahead rather than keep up!


Last Top Ten Tuesday ----> Top Ten Anticipated Releases for 2016

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all of your 2016 resolutions! Buying less books was one of mine as well, probably the hardest one on my list because I love buying new books, but I really do need to focus my attention on the books I already own!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete