Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Top Ten Books of 2015

Is it really time to make a Top Books of 2015 list? It cannot be! While I enjoyed a lot of books this year, I don't feel like this year was as full of mind blowing books like other years because I made this list fairly easily. To hear in more detail why I loved my top five books of the year check out my Top Five Wednesday video from today.

10) Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - This book was beautiful and captured my attention so completely. It was a fantastic read and a great first foray into Neil Gaiman's works. I can't wait to read more.

9) A Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis - While I was reading this story I knew it was a gem. The historical elements are very well researched and I enjoyed the female friendships in this book immensely.

8) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - This book really surprised me. I expected it to be all romance but there were so many other elements as well. I enjoyed it a lot and am anxious to continue on with the series.

7) Fullmetal Alchemist Series by Hiromu Arakawa -  Go read this manga series right now! I was obsessed with this series over the summer and couldn't get the volumes from the library fast enough.

6) Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - This book blew me away. The new characters and change of pace really pulled me back into the story. I loved it and I can't wait to read Queen of Shadows. I think I want to reread the first three (or four?) books in the series before I do that though.

5) The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - I didn't believe this book could live up to all the hype but it did! I loved it. The magic and characters were amazing. The magic system was so unique and interesting. I can't wait to continue with this series!

4) A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - The world building in this book was amazing. I can't wait for book two and to see what Schwab has planned for these amazing characters!

3) The Martian by Andy Weir - This book! I could not put it down while I was tearing through it. It was an amazing story and the characters made this book exceptional. The movie was fantastic and I wish I could read it for the first time all over again because the experience was so powerful.

2) S. (The Ship of Theseus) by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst - Another amazing experience! I was completely absorbed in this book and had a hard time thinking about anything else while I was reading. I recommend taking your time while reading this and setting aside time to read through it several times to get the full experience.

1) The Accident Season by Moïra Fowley-Doyle - What to say about your favorite book of the year? It was amazing and magical. The writing was lovely and narration (I listened to the audiobook) was beautiful. I loved the characters and got lost in their story. I want everyone to read this and can't wait to read it again.
The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) The Martian A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1) S.

The Accident Season

No comments:

Post a Comment