Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Top Five Series to Start in 2016 (Top Five Wednesday)

When this topic showed up on I decided to look back on the series I named the last time it came at the end on 2015. Last year for this topic I named these five series:

Finnikin of the Rock
The Madman's Daughter Series
The Name of the Wind
Outlander
The Knife of Never Letting Go

I only started one of these series, the Outlander Series, and I'm so upset with myself. I wanted to read these series a lot. So this year I am going to up the stakes a little bit. If I do not start these four series by the end of 2016, I must get rid of these books. I must give them away or donate them. High stakes! I've set reminders for myself every month so hopefully I'll remember them in 2016.

I also want to read the following five series, but the do or die rules do not apply to these five.

1) Avalon by Mindee Arnett - I've had these two books for ages and I want to read this duology so badly! I've heard nothing but good things and anything Firefly-esque is right up my alley!

2) Firebird Series by Claudia Gray - This series sounded so good when it came out and I even preordered it! There is time traveling and romance! I can't wait to read it.

3) The Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Mariller - I have heard nothing but good things about Mariller and I'm anxious to read at least one of her books in 2016. I've had the trilogy on my shelf for a while and I need to pick it up.

4) Books of Faerie by Maggie Stiefvater - While the Raven Cycle is my favorite series at the moment, I really want to read more books by Stiefvater. This is only a duology so I hope I can knock it out quickly if I enjoy it.

5) The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - I was so anxious to get my hands on this book and haven't pick it up. Just like so many others! This

Avalon (Avalon, #1) A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) Daughter of the Forest  (Sevenwaters, #1) Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment