Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Top Five Books to Read by the Fire (Top Five Wednesday)

At my house we have a wood stove. I absolutely love it too. It makes the entire house warmer, but on cold weekend afternoons it is lovely to read (or sleep) by the fire. I love to get lost in books while sitting in that room while I'm warm and relaxed. These are the books I recommend curling up by the fire with.

1) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - When I was reading Claire's adventure in Outlander, I was completely obsessed with this book. I could not put it down even though it is a large book. I definitely could see myself reading a huge chunk while sitting by my fireplace.

2) Frigid by J. Lynn - This book is really easy to get wrapped on in. It is a little cheesey and predictable, but I still love it. I read this book in one sitting and since it it set during a blizzard, it is perfect to read by the fire.

3) The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - This is a story featuring magical realism and was easy to got lost in. Plus it is very short so you could hang out by the fire and read this in one evening.

4) Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers - This historical fiction is feisty and fun. The characters are really intriguing and the rest of the series is just as good. I want to curl up with this massive book again soon!

5) Sabriel by Garth Nix- I would recommend listening to listening to this audiobook while curled up by the fire. The audiobooks for this series are fantastic, but I can't guarantee Tim Curry's voice won't put you to sleep in that situation! It is so soothing.

Outlander (Outlander, #1) Frigid (Frigid, #1) The Ocean at the End of the Lane Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) Sabriel (Abhorsen,  #1)

My Last T5W---> Top Five Retellings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment