Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Top Ten Author Duos You'd LOVE To See Write A Book Together


What if your favorite authors wrote a book together? Would they work well together? Would the story even be interesting? This week on Top Ten Tuesday we explore the question a little. If you could have two authors write a book together who would you pair up? Personally there are quite a few authors I would love to see work together.

1) John Green and Kathy Reichs - I want a John Green book that includes supernatural elements. I'm just craving it. Their styles are VERY different, but Reichs wrote some YA paranormal books. I'd be interested to see what they would come up with.

2) Kendare Blake and Maggie Stiefvater - Neither of these ladies are afraid to be dark or gritty and I love them for it. Plus the magic they create is stunning. I want!

3) Robin LaFevers and Sarah J. Maas - These ladies write bad ass female assassins so well. I'd love to see what kind of characters they would create together!

4) Christopher Paolini and Garth Nix - Ok. This one is more like I would like Garth Nix to mentor Paolini. I really like Paolini's stories, but he needs to learn to cut out some stuff! Nix's story are a lot more adventure. I'd love to see the fantasy they would create.

5) Garth Nix and Tamora Pierce - These two were building blocks of what YA Fantasy is today and I adore their works. I would love to see what kind of magic and world they would build together.

6) Jennifer L Armentrout and Cassandra Clare - If these two ladies partnered up for some kind of paranormal romance story, I think we would all end up fighting over the romantic interests in whatever they write.

7) Bethany Griffin and H.G. Wells - When I read The Fall, it gave me the same creepy feeling as The Island of Dr. Moreau. If these two combined forces, the creep factor would be off the charts! Griffin does a lot of retellings of Poe stories so maybe she would take on a retelling of the classic and I'll try not to have nightmares.

8) Rick Riordan and Rachel Hartman - If these two wrote a book together, it would be nothing but snarky comments!

9) Marissa Meyer and Diana Peterfreund - Space and adaptations! Find me a classic fairytale for these two to write in space and I will be sold!

10) Leigh Bardugo and Rachel Hartman - Give me all the mythical creatures in the most amazing worlds. These ladies are amazing at that!



3 comments:

  1. Garth Nix and Tamora Pierce! HECK YES. Give it to me now, please ;)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Robin and Sarah pairing! They do write some pretty freaking kick ass women. We have a lot of the same authors on our list but paired with different people. I love it!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete