Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Top Five Wednesday - Rainy Day Reads

This week on Top Five Wednesday I wasn't sure how to interpret the topic. What are rainy day reads? I don't know. This week I decided Rainy Day Reads are books I could read in one sitting or books that I read on a rainy day. These could also be books I think would be great to read a large chunk of in one day even if you don't finish it. Top Five Wednesday was created by Lainey, but she has passed the torch to Sam from Thoughts on Tomes! Both of them are lovely. Check out the Goodreads group for topics or more details.

1) Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - This is one of my favorite paranormal romance series right now. The books are really fun, easy to read, and I love to sit down to read them in one sitting. A rainy day would be the perfect atmosphere to submerge yourself in this element-powers based series.

2) The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle - I got completely lost in this book and spent several hours listening to the end of the audiobook because I needed to know what happened. So reading this during a rainy day sounds like a good idea.

3) Wait for You by J. Lynn  - This is a great contemporary. It is Armentrout's addicting writing mixed with a compelling story. I couldn't put it down and it gave me all the emotions.

4) The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - You could read this in one sitting. I would love to reread this on a rainy day! Such a great magical realism story!

5) Zita the Spacegirl by Ben Hatke - Go read this graphic novel! It is super cute and easy to read. It is all fun and games.

Storm (Elemental, #1) The Accident Season Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) The Ocean at the End of the Lane Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #1)

2 comments:

  1. I've heard only good things about The Accident Season but still haven't picked it up. Maybe it's time ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I loved that story so much. A lot of people have mixed reactions to the writing, but the story is excellent I think.

      Delete