Wednesday, May 18, 2016

T5W - Top Books From Summer 2015

Summer reading is one of my favorite seasons of reading. Over the summer I seem to pick up more books than any other time of the year. Last summer was a fabulous reading season and I picked up so many great books. This week the Top Five Wednesday topic was a bit broad, Summer Reads, so I decided to feature books from the Summer of 2015.

1) Full Metal Alchemist Series by Hiromu Arakawa - Last summer I raced through this manga series. It was an amazing series and I'm pretty sure the librarians were tired of seeing me show up to get more copies. It is fast paced but pacts a huge emotional punch.  The series is perfect to marathon over the summer!

2) Penryn and the End of Days Series by Susan Ee - It only took me a few days to finish this entire series over the summer. I had a few days off and read the first two books for a readathon. This series is easy to speed through and I was totally hooked! If I had all three when I started I think I would have finished these three books in as many days.

3) Storm by Brigid Kemmerer - This book isn't my favorite in the series, that honor is split appropriately between books two and four*, but it is a great intro to the series and a fun read. I highly recommend this paranormal romance series for a speedy and light summer read.

*If you've read the series you know why.

4) The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson - Surprisingly I read this on the beach last summer. I thought the high fantasy series would be tough to read on the beach, but the book was so addictive I couldn't put it down.

5) Rebel Yell by S.C. Gwynne - This biography of Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was the best biography I read last year. It was really interesting with so much detail, but the writing style was witty and kept the book from being stale or dry. Jackson was an interesting historical figure and I enjoyed learning more about his influence.

 Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1) Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) Storm (Elemental, #1) Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) Rebel Yell: The Violence, Passion, and Redemption of Stonewall Jackson

Previous Top Five Wednesday ----> Top Five Characters I am Like.

No comments:

Post a Comment