Thursday, May 19, 2016

Review - Hawkeye Vol. 2-5



Hawkeye, Vol. 2: Little Hits Hawkeye, Vol. 3: L.A. Woman Hawkeye, Vol. 4: Rio Bravo Hawkeye, Vol. 5: All-New Hawkeye


 You can find my thoughts on Vol. 1 Here.

Hawkeye Vols. 2-4 by Matt Fraction and Illustration team
While I enjoyed these overall, they didn't pack a big emotional punch. The art is cool and I liked the innovative way Faction and the illustrators used the art to show different points of view and Clint's disability. The plot is slow to develop, but I enjoyed the characters and where the story was headed.

Hawkeye Vol. 5 by Jeff Lemire and Ramón Pérez (Illustrator)
This volume is a different story. (pun intended) Not only is there a new writer for this volume, but a new art style is introduced as well. This fifth volume made up for the lack of emotional connection in the first volumes by far. In contrast my emotions were all over the place during this story. There's more action, the art is more interesting and Kate is involved a lot more. I like this change up quite a bit and I'm excited for the next installment. 

Individual Ratings:

No comments:

Post a Comment