Friday, June 24, 2016

Review- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1)
Series: Falling Kingdoms  #1
Genre: Fantasy
Age Group: Young Adult
Published: December 2012
Source: Purchased
Hardcover - 412 pgs
Add it // Buy it

Rating: 2/5

In the three kingdoms of Mytica, magic has long been forgotten. And while hard-won peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest now simmers below the surface.

As the rulers of each kingdom grapple for power, the lives of their subjects are brutally transformed... and four key players, royals and rebels alike, find their fates forever intertwined. Cleo, Jonas, Lucia, and Magnus are caught in a dizzying world of treacherous betrayals, shocking murders, secret alliances, and even unforeseen love.

The only outcome that's certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

It's the eve of war.... Choose your side.


Quick Thoughts: Ugh!

Full Review:
I'll keep it short. This book fell completely flat for me. The characters didn't compel me to keep reading. The world building was practically nonexistent and the plot was very predictable. After hearing so much hype about this series, I was expecting to be really impressed. Instead there was a cast of trope-based characters that didn't hold my attention during the constantly shifting points of view. The different points of view made the book confusing and disjointed. Overall nothing made me care about the characters.

It took me almost seven months of giving up and going back to this book to finish it. Maybe I should have just given up, but there was potential there. I thought things were at a turning point several times, but it fizzled every time. I'm disappointed but I still have some interested to see what happens in the next books.  I already have book two so I'll probably check it out in hopes the next installment will work better.

My Last Review----> The Scorpio Races

No comments:

Post a Comment