Wednesday, June 29, 2016

T5W- Top Settings I Want to See More of

It is time, once again, for Top Five Wednesday. I love this meme and the topics have been really amazing lately. I know I've been doing a lot of list posts lately. I promise I'll be working on some discussion and reviews soon. I've been super busy lately at work and exhausted when I get home!

1) Tortall - When I was a child I was constantly in this world and reading about the characters there. I loved it and I got lost there many afternoons. I want to climb back into that world with new stories and characters someday.

2) Fantasy world with Technology - Not steampunk! I'd be interested to see more modern fantasies where magic and technology cross pathes.

3) The Old Kingdom - After I discovered Garth Nix's Abhorsen Trilogy, I wanted even more books set in this world. I love the characters so much I can't wait for the next installment!

4) Africa - Future africa? Fantastical Africa? Folklore/fairytale retellings based Africa (based on African mythology/folklore? I'll take any or all of these please because I don't know of any.

5) Asia - While there has been a wave of books set in the middle east or based in middle eastern culture, I haven't seen many based in East Asia or India. I'd love to see more based here just like I mentioned about Africa.

Any Suggestions? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment