Thursday, October 25, 2018

Halloweeny Comic & Graphic Novel Recommendations

Thanks to Hoopla and my amazing library, I've picked up quite a few graphic novels and comic book series over the years. I've been reading a lot of comics this month in particular, since I seem to have an obsession with Batman this year, and I wanted to read more superhero stories before Halloween. To me, Halloween isn't just witches and ghosts I also think about fantasy, mystery, and superheros. Anything that could inspire a Halloween costume is in my wheelhouse as we approach the 31st!

These are just a few recommendations based on my perusal through comics over the past few years. the first three Nimona, Zita the Spacegirl and Lumberjanes are all relatively light-hearted and fun reads. The second row, featuring Monstress and a couple of those before-mentioned Batman comics, would be in the adult realm. So depending on what you are looking for this fall, I have a few bases covered!

Nimona Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #1) Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy 
Batman, Volume 1: The Court of Owls Batman, Volume 4: The War of Jokes and Riddles Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening (Monstress, #1) 

2 comments:

  1. Nimona is a great one! Whenever I see the cover of Monstress, I stop and look at it. That probably means I should just read the thing.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can handle violence, it is a great story! It is beautiful.

      Delete