Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors I'd Love to Meet

This week the Top Ten Tuesday topic is Authors I'd Love to Meet. Where I live in Pennsylvania is a little far from a lot of the tour stops that take place in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh. Someday I hope I can drive to a few of the events, but for now I am going to keep dreaming

As always please visit That Artsy Reader Girl for future topics and to see who participated. 

1) Maggie Stiefvater - If all goes to plan I will be meeting Maggie at the end of this month and I cannot be more excited and nervous. Her books have meant a lot to me and I've tried to meet her before without success. Hopefully this is the time it happens!

2) Garth Nix - I was introduced to Nix's books later than I could have been. I bought the third book in his Abhorsen Series as a middle schooler, but I never got the first two. Since Nix lives in Australia, I hope to make it to one of his tour stops in America someday.

3) Tamora Pierce - Pierce is probably the single most influential author in my reading life. Her books helped me through rough times in middle and high school. Her Alanna Series is what introduced me to fantasy and is one of the reasons I love the genre so much.

4) Ilona Andrews - This husband and wife writing team wrote one of my favorite series of all time. One of my best friends suggested this series to me once she read the first few books and I have been in love with it ever since. We have deep discussions about it and I love that we both love it.

5) Gail Carriger - Ms. Gail seems like she would be a delight to meet. I love her Parasolverse and I love how much she interacts with her readers. She does Facebook lives where people can ask her questions and her newsletter is a delight. Someday I hope I can meet her and tell her how much I adore her books.

6) Leigh Bardugo - Who wouldn't want to meet this queen?

7) MacKenzie Lee- I want to visit her bookshop mostly because I love Lee's recommendation videos on Epic Reads. Somehow though, I think getting the recommendations right from her in a bookstore would be amazing. She's a great author too!

8) Kendare Blake - I've been reading Blake's books for a long time. She seems like a really interesting person based on her books and I'd love to meet her to pick her brain about Cas from the Anna Dressed in Blood books because I'd love to read more!

9) Victoria Schwab - Even though I haven't read many of Schwab's books, I find her a really interesting author. I'd love to meet her just to hear her talk about her writing process more.

10) Jane Austen - Obviously this is impossible. Even so, I wish I could meet Austen and tell her how much I love her books and how they've helped me make friends since I started reading them.


Which of your favorite authors would you love to meet? 

3 comments:

  1. Tamora Pierce would be cool.
    And yes, I wish there was a way to Time Travel to meet Jane Austen too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garth Nix and Tamora Pierce made my list too! And I kept mine to just alive people, but Jane Austen would have been incredible to meet too!

    ReplyDelete