Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Top Ten Creepiest Villains #AllHallowsWeek

This week our topic for Top Ten Tuesday is Villains. You could choose any type you want and since it is so close to Halloween I wanted to choose the creepiest and most chilling villains I've read and watched. 

As always visit That Artsy Reader Girl for future topics and to see who participated this week! 

1) Johnathan Brewster (Arsenic and Old Lace) - 

2) Demogorgon (Stranger Things Season 1) - Part of the brilliance of this enemy is that we do not see it for a long time. Throughout the first season the scary part of the series was the unknown. What is this thing? Who is the real enemy? 

3) Kerrigor (Sabriel by Garth Nix) - Knowing that this creature has been hunting Sabriel and her father since she was a baby is really creepy. He is also a zombie like creature which really creeps me out. 

Image result for stranger thingsImage result for arsenic and old lace Image result for sabriel

4) All the Villains of the Magpie Lord Series by KJ Charles - These are romance wrapped up in mystery so I don't want to reveal the villains. However, all of them are twisted and creepy. Magic is quite dark in this series and the uses are very strange. 

5) The Bane (The Elemental Trilogy by Sherry Thomas) - The creepiest villains are the ones who seem to know everything. It is really creepy to me when overlords have all knowing spy networks and this one seems to be especially powerful.  

6) The Game from Jumanji - This movie terrified me as a kid and I think it would still scare me now. It is quite creepy for a game to come alive and this one has dire consequences. The movie is amazing and I love it, but the game board is sinister. 

7) Cruella de Vil - I never realized her last name was Devil until I wrote this post. After watching 101 Dalmatians recently, I can firmly put the lady who wants to kill puppies in the category of creepiest ever! She is seriously deranged. 


The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1) The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1)  Image result for jumanji Image result for 101 dalmatians

8) The Clickers (The Last of Us) - These things terrified me. They "click:" in the dark and hearing them meant at least one jump scare was coming during this game. 

9) The Gravedigger and Gormogon (Bones) - I loved the serial killers on this show and these two are the peak. I loved how the search for them was difficult and how hard the team had to work to beat them. Seasons 2 & 3 were peak Bones in my opinion. 

10) Jack the Ripper - In many books and movies Jack is the ultimate villain. He is creepy and sinister in any of his forms, but most recently I read Stalking Jack the Ripper. In this book he is almost ghost like and I really enjoyed the suspense this created. 

Image result for the last of us Image result for bones show Image result for stalking jack the ripper series

1 comment:

  1. I was scared of Jumanji when I was a kid, too. I just got Stalking Jack The Ripper, so I’m glad you liked it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete