Thursday, October 4, 2018

October Reading Plans

Hello my friends! I have a lot of reading plans for October. Usually I let me reading mood take me where it will, but this month I want to direct my reading toward the spooky and the scary as much as I can.

One of my big goals this month is to cross off as much of Noura's Bingo Board as I can. You can see my TBR for the bingo board at the bottom of this post. I'm also hoping to participate in Spookathon which is hosted by Lala at BookandLala on Youtube.

 Spookathon (October 15th- 21st)
The group book for this readathon is the short story collection Toil and Trouble.
Challenges: 
1. read a thriller 
2. read a book with purple on the cover 
3. read a book not set in the current time period
 4. read a book with a spooky word in the title 
5. read a book with pictures


October Reading Bingo

 In this challenge you can use one title for up to two categories. I am hoping at this point to fill out two rows of challenges. If I accomplish this early, I'll try to fill out more of the board.

Spooky Read: Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye
Science Fiction: Vicious by V.E. Schwab
Thriller: The Shadow of the Wind by by Carlos Ruiz Zafรณn
By An Author You Love: Lament by Maggie Stiefvater
Shifters: Magic Triumphs by Ilona Andrews
Book with Magic: One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
Multiple POVs: One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake
Witches/Vampire/Werewolf: Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
Horror: The Isle of Blood by Rick Yancey

30 Day Book Binge

Then there is the low key readathon. The #30DayBookBinge is hosted by Misty and one of my favorite readathons. I don't always succeed in the goal of reading everyday, but I always try and have fun. I don't have a specific TBR for this one. I'm just hoping to read as much as possible.



 Are there any reading challenges you are looking forward to in October? Do you like to reading spooky things around this time of year? Tell me your favorites! 


No comments:

Post a Comment