Monday, January 13, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 - Final Progress and Wrap Up

Days 6 and 7 Progress Report: 

I've been a bit behind the last few days. Things have been busy and I've been distracted by things other than reading. Sadly I've petered out here at the end of the Bout of Books.

On the 6th Day of reading I read: 

The Complete Sherlock Holmes: 11pgs
Girl of Nightmares: 20pgs

Total: 31pgs
Total Pages overall: 834

On the 7th Day of reading I read: 

Scorched: 18pgs

Total: 18pgs


Total Pages read during Bout of Books: 852

Wrap Up:

I'm a little disapointed in myself becuase even though I was busy this weekend I could have read more. I was sucked into a new television show and let that be a total time suck. Overall I had a lot of fun doing the challenges and I finished two books this week which makes me very happy.

I finished reading Vampire Academy and Frostbite by Richelle Mead. I experimented with marathon reading for the first time and it worked very nicely for me so I'm very pleased. I also made progress in my Complete Sherlock Holmes which was another one of my goals. I read about 100 pgs during this week of that book. I did not reach my goal of finishing five books and I didn't read any of the books I said I would. This only further proves my theory that I can't tell the internet what I'm going to read. As soon as I do, the book is suddenly unappealing.

Anyway, I'm planning on participating in the next Bout of Books next time in May. If you are interested in checking out the next readathon you should check out their wrap up post for details. Thank you to everyone who organized the event because I had a lot of fun!

Bout of Books

No comments:

Post a Comment