Friday, January 3, 2014

Bookish Five Friday (8) - Books I need to Read in 2014

New Year's is the time of year a lot of people resolve to improve themselves in the upcoming year. I am no exception to this practice when it involves books. Every year I really try to become a better reader and this year I also want to be more dedicated to this blog. In 2014 one of my resolutions is to read 100 books and I also want to reduce the number of books I own but haven't read. Right now I'm starting at 144 books that are unread on my shelves. These are the top 5 books I need to read before 2014 is over.

1) Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin - I haven't owned this book very long, but I've been reading these about one per year and I would like to try to read two this year. Plus I'm so far behind the rest of the world with my progress through these books.

2) The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle - I begged for this book for Christmas last year (2012) and my parents were so generous to get it for me. However, I have only read about 200 pages of it! I really want to read the rest of this book before 2014 is over.

3) Days of Blood and Starlight by Lani Taylor - After I finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone, I immediately ordered this book, but I haven't touched it. The next book in this series comes out this year so I really need to finish both of these soon!

4) Back to the Divide by Elizabeth Kay - I bought this whole series because I loved it when I was a kid, but I only read the first book since I bought them over a year ago. I really need to finish these before I buy anything else!

5) All the Tamora Pierce books I haven't read yet - Tamora Pierce is one of my favorite authors of all time and I am ashamed to say that I haven't read all of her books. This year I am going to remedy that!

One a side note these are all the books I read in 2013.

The Last Five Favorite Friday - Top 5 Male/Female Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment