Friday, January 24, 2014

Bookish Five Friday(11) - Books I'd want on a Desert Island

I always wish for more time to read books. I also love to read on the beach so if I was stuck on a desert island I would be happy as long as I had some of the following books (and maybe some sunscreen). While I'm freezing here at my house, I'm wishing for warm sand and sun.

I'm making a rule that I already have a book about building a boat and I've decided to ignore it for a while until I read all my other books first! =)

1) A Storm Of Swords - George R.R. Martin - This book is huge and is supposed to be very good. I would have plenty of time to read and reread this book.  If I never escaped the island I would always wonder about the end of the series, but it seems like a lot of people are going to be wondering about the rest of the series as well. 

2) Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Imagine a Series Bind Up!)- by Rick Riordan - This might be a cheat because it doesn't exist. However I'd want to read a bind up of this series. I loved these books because they were funny and really well written. Plus I think Percy's witty narration would keep me from getting bored in the hot sun. 

3) The Complete Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - I've been slowly making my way through these, but I wish I knew when I was going to get the chance to reread them. I really enjoy them, but it would be nice to have the time to read them all again which would be really easy if I was trapped on an island.

4) Days of Blood and Starlight - Lani Taylor - I've been wanting to read this for so long, but  I keep putting it off. Maybe if I had lots of time I'd finally pick it up. I'm very excited to finish this series as well later this year when the final book comes out. This book is long too so I wouldn't get bored!

5) Bloodhound - Tamora Pierce - I need to finish this series as well and I cannot make myself start this book for some reason. Hopefully sand and sunshine would put me in the mood to read it. Also this book is longer and pass the time for me.

Let me know what you would read on a desert island if you had a lot of time and nothing to do but relax.

Last Week's FFF -----> Most Anticipated Reads of 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment