Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Creepy TV Episodes, Podcasts and Recommended Reading - #AllHallowsWeek




Image result for stuff you missed in history
Are you ready for all things generally creepy? Are you ready to be spooked in many different formats? If so, this is the post for you! Today I'm recommending some creepy TV episodes and podcasts. Then I am sending you out to other blogs to check out some cool posts about costumes and some books I haven't read.

Spooky Listens -

One of my favorite podcasts is Stuff You Missed in History Class. In October they often feature topics outside their normal realm of historical topics. Though all of their episodes are well researched and full of facts, these October episodes are spookier and have more unexplainable elements.

Ghosts of History: A Haunted House Tour - Homes with tragic history!

Beast of Gevaudan - Possible French werewolf attacks!

The Hagley Woods Murder - Who put Bella in the Witch Elm?

The Disappearance of the Sodder Children - Actually the scariest case of arson you will ever read/listen to.


Halloween Ideas and Reading Recommendations (From others) -

Halloween Reads by Jasmine Isabella - Personally I haven't read all of the books Jasmine recommends in her post, but she covers a lot of different tiles. This post is also very beautiful!

Halloween Spooky Books by Bec's Books - I loved some of the books on Bec's list so now I want to go and read the ones I haven't read before!

7 Halloween Costumes You Can Diy This Week by Merrick's Art - Who else needs some last Halloween Costume inspiration? ME! I had to throw this in here because so many of the costumes are literary or at least fairytale related.


TV Episodes (You Can Watch With Little or No Context)

Supernatural's "Skin" & "No Exit" - There are a lot of scary Supernatural episodes. Obviously the whole show is packed with demons of all kinds. These two episodes though are spooky because you can't see where the attack is coming from.

Stranger Things - Do yourself a favor and watch this show. I can't recommend just one episode (gotcha) because there are only eight so they are packed FULL of action and adventure.


Heartland's Haunting at Hanley Farm - I have a soft spot in my heart for this show because it is based on a set of books I loved as a kid. This episode is spooky and the jump scares get me every time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment