Saturday, October 7, 2017

Top Five Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book

Out of all the book recommendations I see and hear on a daily basis, how do I pick which ones to purchase.

1) If Sam (Sam's Nonsense), Sam (Thoughts on Tomes), Lia (Lia Cooper) or Misty (The Book Rat) recommend a book- These four ladies combined make up the majority of my book that I pick up based on recommendations. They are superb at what they do and it is rare that I dislike something they recommend. Their reviews are fantastic and I love their other content too. Check them out.

2) Covers - There are a lot of different things that attract me to a cover. There are a few examples here, but this could be its own post or video so I'll let you take a look at these.

The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)   The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) The Summer of Chasing Mermaids 30809689 24790901
How do you say no? 

3) The words Fairytale, Jane Austen or Myth in conjunction with retelling or reimagining: Honestly I can never have enough retellings on hand. They are usually easy to fly through so I can fly through them if I'm in a good reading mood and they break me out of a reading slump if I am having trouble finding something I want to read. I tend to keep an eye on the Kindle Deals and Book Bub for steals to keep my ereader well stocked.

4) If Tamora Pierce or Garth Nix Wrote it - I could include other authors and make this a list, but these two publish books less often than most main stream authors. Because of this, I tend to be on alert for their books and instantly want them.

5) An Original Concept- While #3 on this list tells you I like tropes, if something sounds interesting and new I definitely want to give it a shot. Books with diverse casts and a fresh take on some of my favorite tropes grab my attention as well. In this world of redundant/recycled plot lines anything that seems new is worth a second look.

What grabs your attention about a book? What makes you want pick up one book over another?

2 comments:

  1. I’m definitely a sucker for original books. If I come across a synopsis that sounds completely different from what I’ve read before, I want the book immediately.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to come by that it immediately captures my attention!

      Delete